4th International Workshop on Ecosystem Architectures (WEA)
Co-located with the European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA) Copenhagen, Denmark, November 28 to December 2, 2016
Software ecosystems are becoming increasingly pervasive, leading to new research, management, and engineering challenges. Opening product architectures and platforms for third parties, designing closed innovation networks among partners through APIs and SDKs, coordinating multiple platforms, or participative engineering across organizational borders are all variants of ecosystems that come with their own opportunities and threats at the same time.
WEA aims to further increase the body of knowledge about software ecosystem architectures by providing a forum to exchange ideas and discuss the most recent innovations, trends and experiences in the field. They aim to build and shape the community of leading practitioners and research experts by providing forums for the exchange of research results and industrial practice in software ecosystems.
WEA will provide a venue for practitioners and researchers to share their lessons learned in software ecosystem architectures. The co-location with ECSA allows us to attract and involve a larger group of interested participants from the software architecture community.
WEA seeks for submissions of papers describing novel research, experience reports, and emerging ideas. We invite the submission from research and industrial practice describing original and unpublished results in the field of software ecosystems. Topics of interest include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Ecosystem and platform architecture, evolution and lifecycle
- Tools for inter-system static and/or dynamic analysis, visualization, and monitoring
- App architectures and app orchestration
- Experience reports on best practices in ecosystem design, modeling and architectures
- Empirical studies of ecosystem phenomena
- Processes for ecosystems and community management
- Business cases, economics, strategies and governance for software ecosystems
- Social and collaborative aspects of software ecosystems
- And everything that enables to scale architectures up to the level of software ecosystems!
We welcome both research and industry papers. They must be original and not submitted to or accepted by any other workshop, conference or journal. All accepted papers will be published in the ACM digital library.
Papers should not exceed 4 pages. Submissions must follow the ACM SIG Proceedings Style, 2-column. Templates can be downloaded at http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates
Papers should be submitted in electronic form (PDF) using EasyChair: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wea2016.
- September 02, 2016 –> Paper Submission (REOPENED)
- September 15, 2016 –> Author Notification
- September 20, 2016 –> Camera Ready
- November 29, 2016 –> WEA (Satellite Event of ECSA)
- November 28 – December 02,2016 –> ECSA Main Conference
- Jens Knodel – Fraunhofer IESE, Germany (email@example.com)
- Mircea Filip Lungu – University of Groningen, The Netherlands (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tom Mens – University of Mons, Belgium (email@example.com)
- Slinger Jansen – Utrecht University, the Netherlands (firstname.lastname@example.org)