5th International Workshop on Ecosystem Architectures (WEA)
Co-located with the joint meeting of the European Software Engineering Conference and the ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC/FSE) Paderborn, Germany, September 04 to 08, 2017
Software ecosystems are becoming increasingly pervasive, leading to new research, management, and engineering challenges. Opening product architectures and platforms for third parties, designing closed innovation networks among partners through APIs and SDKs, coordinating multiple platforms, or participative engineering across organizational borders are all variants of ecosystems that come with their own opportunities and threats at the same time.
WEA aims to further increase the body of knowledge about software ecosystem architectures by providing a forum to exchange ideas and discuss the most recent innovations, trends and experiences in the field. They aim to build and shape the community of leading practitioners and research experts by providing forums for the exchange of research results and industrial practice in software ecosystems.
WEA will provide a venue for practitioners and researchers to share their lessons learned in software ecosystem architectures. The co-location with ESEC/FSE allows us to attract and involve a larger group of interested participants from the software architecture community.
WEA seeks for submissions of papers describing novel research, experience reports, and emerging ideas. We invite the submission from research and industrial practice describing original and unpublished results in the field of software ecosystems. Topics of interest include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Business cases, economics, strategies and governance for software ecosystems
- Experience reports on best practices in ecosystem design, modeling and architectures
- Evolution and lifecycle issues of software ecosystems
- Tools for inter-system static and/or dynamic analysis, visualization, and monitoring
- Empirical studies of ecosystem phenomena (lifecycle, evolution, architectures)
- Working processes for evolving software ecosystems and community management
- And everything else, which scales up to the level of software ecosystems!
We welcome both research and industry papers. They must be original and not submitted to or accepted by any other workshop, conference or journal. All accepted papers will be published in the ACM digital library.
Papers should not exceed 4 pages. Submissions must follow the official "2017 ACM Master article template". Templates can be downloaded at http://www.acm.org/publications/article-templates/proceedings-template.html
Papers should be submitted in electronic form (PDF) using EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wea20170.
- May 12, 2017 –> Paper Submission
- June 16, 2017 –> Author Notification
- July 03, 2017 –> Camera Ready
- September 04, 2017 –> WEA (co-located with ESEC/FSE)
- September 05-08, 2017 –> ESEC/FSE Main Conference
- Jens Knodel – Fraunhofer IESE, Germany (email@example.com)
- Mircea Filip Lungu – University of Groningen, The Netherlands (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Eleni Constantinou – University of Mons, Belgium (email@example.com)