6th Workshop on Software Ecosystems (IWSECO)
2nd International Workshop on Ecosystem Architectures (WEA)
Co-located with the European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA)
University of Vienna, Austria,
August 25 – 29, 2014
CALL FOR PAPERS
The creation and adoption of a software ecosystem is becoming increasingly pervasive, leading to new research and management challenges. Several companies are platformizing successful products and opening these products up for outside innovation where customers expect to be actively involved in the shaping of the technology they use. This also leads to new opportunities and challenges regarding new business models, open innovation, collaborative development, strategic planning, and coordination of multiple platforms. IWSECO and WEA aim to further increase the body of knowledge in software ecosystems by providing a forum to exchange ideas and discuss the most recent innovations, trends and experiences in the field. It aims to build and shape the community of leading practitioners and research experts by providing a forum for the exchange of research results and industrial practice in software ecosystems.
By co-locating both, IWSECO and WEA we aim at attracting and involving interested participants from the software engineering community in an early stage of shaping software ecosystem research and community building. The co-located workshops will be a venue for practitioners and researchers to share experience and lessons learned; with a particular focus on architecture, as the ecosystem architecture can actually determine the success or failure of software ecosystems as a whole.
We invite the submission of high quality research and industrial papers describing original and unpublished results in the field of software and business ecosystems. Topics of interest include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Business cases, economics, strategies and governance for software ecosystems
- Experience reports on best practices in ecosystem design,modeling and architectures
- Evolution and lifecycle issues of software ecosystems
- Tools for inter-system static and/or dynamic analysis, visualization, and monitoring
- Empirical studies of ecosystem phenomena (lifecycle, evolution, architectures)
- Working Processes for evolving software ecosystems and community amanagement
We welcome both research and industry papers. They must be original and not submitted to or accepted by any other workshop, conference or journal. Papers should not exceed 6 pages. Submissions must follow the ACM SIG Proceedings Style, 2-column. Templates can be downloaded athttp://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates.
Papers should be submitted in electronic form (PDF) using EasyChair:https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iwsecowea2014. All accepted papers will be published in the ACM digital library.
- Paper Submission: June 6, 2014
- Notification: June 30, 2014
- Camera Ready: July 7, 2014
- IWSECO & WEA: August 25 – 26, 2014
- Carina Alves – Federal University of Pernambuco, Brazil (email@example.com)
- Jan Bosch – Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Geir Hanssen – SINTEF ICT, Norway (email@example.com)
- Jens Knodel – Fraunhofer IESE, Germany (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Peter Knauber – University of Mannheim, Germany (email@example.com)
- Mircea Filip Lungu – University of Bern, Switzerland (firstname.lastname@example.org)